Difficult to make a choice for your new Laser Printer? We wrote this Special Laser Printer buying guide to help you, with the TOP10 of the best sales of the moment, tests, opinions… As in all our buying guides, we've done our best to help you choose the best Laser Printer!
Our selection of laser printers
|1||Brother MFC-L3750CDW 4 in 1 Laser Multifunction Printer - Color - Quiet 47db - Memory ...||469,90 €||See the offer|
|2||HP Laser 107w Mono Laser||130,00 €||See the offer|
|3||Xerox B205 A4 30PPM WiFi Copy / Print Scan PS3 PCL5E / 6 ADF 2 Tray 251||159,99 €||See the offer|
Laser printer buying guide
Whether printing your documents in black and white or color, the laser printer is a relatively good investment. With the multiplicity of devices available on the market (3 in 1 or 4 in 1 multifunction) and the various functions offered such as automatic two-sided printing or color printing management, among others, it is difficult to s 'find it there. What criteria should be used to choose the best laser printer? Considerable savings in terms of ink purchase, execution speed, resolution? Discover the parameters to consider for a credible comparison.
The specifics of a laser printer
It's worth noting that unlike the inkjet printer which, as the name suggests, works with liquid ink cartridges, the laser printer uses toner that diffuses powder ink. The laser printer is the ideal device for quick and frequent use. Indeed, thanks to technological advances, it has a high print speed of up to 40 pages per minute. To achieve high performance, it integrates various features, such as the ability to store a text document or an image saved on your PC in memory.
When printing is started, the paper exits the tray to position itself in front of the registration roller. The speed of the paper is perfectly synchronized with that of the rotation of the drum intended to propel the ink powder onto the sheet of paper. Thanks to the combination of electronic and mechanical systems, the print quality of texts and graphics is guaranteed.
The different types of laser printers
There are two main laser printer models to choose from:
- The classic model intended for print only
- the multifunction version designed for printing, scanning, photocopying and faxing.
It is also available in two technologies that differ in the printing process:
- The classic laser printer uses a single light to attract ink and create a dot on the sheet of paper
- With a more sophisticated system, the printer using LED technology incorporates multiple lights and benefits from a higher printing speed
Why use a laser printer?
This type of printer offers many advantages.
- An optimized lifespan : it displays a longevity twice as high.
- Considerable savings : The printing cost is much lower compared to an inkjet model. In fact, the number of printed pages is six to ten times higher when using a laser printer.
- Always on top print quality : Unlike the liquid ink of the inkjet printer which dries with use, the powder ink is not spoiled. Because of this, the text is always so precise even if the toner cartridge is almost empty.
- Higher printing speed : It is possible to get between 2 and 5 times more printed pages compared to an inkjet printer.
- Lower noise level : On some laser printers, the noise is barely noticeable or even nonexistent.
How to choose your laser printer?
There are several criteria to take into account when choosing the best laser printer for your needs.
Individual or professional, to determine the ideal laser printer, base yourself first on the intended uses:
- Conventional laser printer for printing only
- Multifunction laser printer for printing, scanning, faxing and copying
Monthly printing needs
Printing capacities vary from device to device, generally between 2,000 and 100,000 monthly pages. It should be noted that the greater the number of monthly impressions allowed, the higher the price of the laser printer. Therefore, also take into account the number of users.
The speed of execution
The number of pages per minute (expressed in ppm) or images per minute (expressed in ipm) is usually specified on the label. However, it is recommended to opt for a device that respects ISO / IEC 24734 (mentioned on its description sheet) to ensure that the values ??indicated are real. Indeed, some manufacturers can sometimes exaggerate if the standard is not visible on the label.
The resolution of the printed images
This criterion determines the print quality. Therefore, opt for a laser printer capable of producing 4800 x 1200 dpi images (pixels per inch) to obtain an irreproachable rendering.
Check the types of peripherals that can be connected to the device: touchscreen tablet, smartphone? If the printer is to be used by one person, a model with a USB plug is perfect. Otherwise (more than three users), it is recommended to choose a model with Wi-Fi connectivity allowing a wireless network connection.
To be defined according to your habits and / or the space available in your office. If you work as a salesperson, for example, and travel often to meet your clients, opt for a portable laser printer.
Dernière mise à jour : 2021-10-21 02:35:31