AVE for Canada: an essential document to stay there!

AVE Canada

Since September 29, 2016, it is mandatory to apply for AVE Canada, that is to say an electronic travel authorization before the start of your stay to travel to this country

It is required for people who do not have a Canadian visa or a valid Canadian permanent residence card.

In order to prepare well to discover Canada, you will first need to apply online and be in possession of a valid passport.

What is an "eTA" for Canada?

To enter Canada by air, this electronic travel authorization (eTA) is an obligation for foreign nationals who do not have a visa. An eTA is electronically linked to the traveller's passport. Its maximum period of validity is five years or until the passport expires. If you need to renew your passport, a new electronic travel authorization will be required.

With a valid eTA, you are allowed to stay for short periods of time, typically six months for business, vacation, family visit or even while in transit through a Canadian airport. To travel within Canada itself, this document is not required.

How to apply for the Canada eTA?

Electronic travel authorization is completed online every day of the week and on public holidays. When you apply for an eTA, you will need to answer a few common questions.

Once issued, it will be electronically associated with your passport and is valid for five years until your passport expires. The application must be made individually, that is, for a family of three, you will have to complete and send three separate forms.

What is the response time to get the eTA?

Most eTA requests are approved within minutes. However, some requests may take longer to resolve. If this is the case, you will receive an email within 72 hours requesting further explanation.

Approval of your eTA Canada

You will be notified by email when your electronic travel authorization has been approved. It is associated with the passport that you indicated on the application form. Each time you take a flight to Canada, you will need to present the passport you used when applying for an ETA to airline staff.

Before each trip to Canada, make sure you have the appropriate documents either for yourself or for minors traveling with you, that is to say

  • Be in possession of the necessary documents such as the passport.
  • To be in a good health.
  • Not have a criminal record
  • Inform the Canadian immigration officer that you will be leaving Canada at the end of your stay and that you have a return ticket for all family members.

A valid eTA and identity document (passport) will facilitate your entry into Canada. When you arrive at the border, an officer fromimmigration check your passport or travel document and ask you questions. The officer will then decide whether to allow you to enter Canada.

0 replies on “AVE pour le Canada : un document indispensable pour y séjourner !”