Difficult to make a choice for your new Convertible Sofa? We wrote this Convertible Sofa Special Buying Guide to help you, with the TOP10 of the best sales of the moment, tests, opinions… As in all our buying guides, we did our best to help you choose the best Convertible Sofa!
Our selection of convertible sofa
Convertible sofa buying guide
Are you looking for the perfect designer convertible sofa to accommodate your friends or family while giving character to your living room or studio? Since the purchase of a sofa bed is a large investment, it is important to think about your needs, both for interior design and for sleeping. Dimensions, level of comfort, quality of bedding or even opening system, there are many criteria to consider in order to establish a credible comparison.
The different types of convertible sofas
Modular, the leather or imitation leather sofa is designed to make life easier for everyone while allowing them to take advantage of optimal space savings. This 2 in 1 piece of furniture can be used as everyday or regular sleeping. Indeed, it is equipped with a mechanism allowing it to be transformed into a bed in two steps or three movements. There are several types of convertible sofas.
The convertible sofa bed
For this type of furniture, the mattress is located in the sill. The seat, the backrest and the mattress are independent. The model with a Rapido system, as the name suggests, unfolds in just seconds. It is perfect for daily sleeping, knowing that it is better to opt for a model with a 15 cm thick mattress for optimal comfort.
If you're looking for an extra bed, turn to a three-part pull-out sofa bed. With a mattress 6 cm thick and with a density of 30 kg / m³ at least it's perfect for occasionally hosting your guests. To unfold it, simply pull on the mattress located under the seat.
The convertible bench
This practical, designer and inexpensive reversible piece of furniture is perfect for adding character to your interior. There are two types of sofa bed:
- The sofa bed has a bed which must form a right angle with the wall. The angle of inclination of its backrest is adjustable, from a classic or semi-reclined sitting position to relax.
- The BZ sofa has a bed which must be parallel to the wall. It folds in three (accordion-style), the mattress taking the shape of a Z, hence its name.
The convertible day bed
Appeared during Antiquity, this baroque-influenced piece of furniture is distinguished by its sloping backrest and unique armrest. It is also easy to unfold and comes in two sizes. It can be transformed into a mattress of:
- 120 x 200 can accommodate one person (one and a half)
- 140 x 200, perfect as a bed for two people
There are many parameters to take into account to choose the best modular sofa that will dominate your living room or apartment.
You have the choice between a convertible sofa with or without headrests, with or without armrests, and with a soft or firm mattress. For this last criterion, take into account the density:
- From 60 to 75 kg / m³, perfect for enjoying flexible support
- From 75 to 85 kg / m³, dedicated to people with an average build
- More than 85 kg / m³, to benefit from a hard mattress
The resilience of the seat foam is also an essential criterion. The higher it is, the better the comfort, as it affects the ability of the foam to regain its shape.
Don't forget to take the measurements of the free space intended to accommodate it in order to get an idea of ??the ideal dimensions. Therefore, take into account the length, width and depth to avoid unpleasant surprises when it is unfolded. It is good to note that the standard width is 140 cm.
The opening system
The mechanism varies depending on the type of convertible sofa.
- Models intended for everyday use have a system known as Lampolet or Rapido. They are opened by inversion, knowing that it is not always necessary to remove the cushions that make up their seat.
- For modular sofas occasional use, you must remove the cushions before lifting the seat. Then just pull to unfold the bed.
- Practical and functional, convertible sofas with an automated system are equipped with an electric motor. This state-of-the-art piece of furniture converts into a bed at the push of a button.
To make the most of the space, choose the sofa beds witha storage box which are located under the sofa or at the backrest. You can store pillows and duvets there, for example. You also have the option of choosing a model equipped with drawers located under the sofa.
The choice of materials depends on your personal preferences. In leather, microfiber, velvet or fabric, a wide choice of convertible sofas is available on the market. Light gray, brown, taupe or anthracite, the color is to be chosen with care so that your sofa convertible into a bed blends easily into the decor of your interior.
Dernière mise à jour : 2021-11-29 02:36:17