Difficult to make a choice for your new Ultrabook? We wrote this Ultrabook special buying guide to help you, with the TOP10 of the best sales of the moment, tests, opinions… As in all our buying guides, we've done our best to help you choose the best Ultrabook!
Our selection of ultrabook
Ultrabook buying guide
Planning to buy a thin, light and powerful laptop PC that allows you to do basic office tasks or video editing? Turn to ultra portable. RAM memory, processor or graphics card, many criteria must be considered to establish a good comparison. Discover in our file the essential elements to define the best cheap, thin, light and high-performance laptop meeting your requirements. Follow the guide !
What is an ultrabook?
This is a laptop specification whose Intel name is widely used today. The MacBook Air is the first ultra-thin laptop on the market, making Apple the forerunner. It differs from the classic laptop PC by its thin keyboard, which is almost the same thickness as a cardboard envelope. The first ultraportable model with this type of keyboard is the Microsoft Surface PRO.
In general, this high-tech ultraportable, both powerful and lightweight, is specially designed for mobile workers. It displays a maximum weight of 1.5 kg, with a thickness less than 23 mm. Be careful, we tend to confuse it with a Netbook, a device with low power. The latter only allows you to read emails and surf the Internet.
The advantages of the ultraportable
There are many reasons to choose an ultrabook. Indeed, the best gaming or classic laptop PC offers many advantages:
- Thin and light, perfect for nomad workers
- Quick start and instant wake-up (just like touch tablets) thanks to a small flash memory designed to store the system
- Quieter than conventional laptops
- More robust flash memory compared to mechanical SSD hard drive
- Optimal autonomy (greater than 5 hours)
- Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) for basic models, very high definition ClearType capacitive screen (2,736 x 1,824 pixels) for high-end ultraportables
- Rotating touch screen or who can bend 360 ° for the most recent models
How to choose your ultrabook?
There are several types of ultrabook which fall into two main categories, namely:
- Standard non-touch models
- Ultralight, ultra-thin laptops with touchpad
Discover below the criteria to take into account to choose THE best ultrabook adapted to your needs.
Here are the essential criteria to know:
- The screen size of an ultrabook is between 11.6 and 15.6 inches.
- According to the imposed standards, a non-touch device with a 14 inch must have a maximum thickness of 21 mm, against 23 mm for a touchscreen ultraportable.
- For ultrabooks with a screen smaller than 13.3 inch, the thickness must not exceed 18 mm for models with non-touch screen, against 20 mm for touch versions.
It’s the defining feature of your ultrabook. You have the choice between the processors:
- Intel Core i3, dedicated to office tasks and Internet browsing
- Intel Core i5, perfect for gamers or for doing light computer graphics
- Intel Core i7, ideal if you need to use greedy software such as the Adobe suite
This device is designed to store data in use as well as programs. The higher it is, the faster your ultrabook is. However, you don't need to go for the highest performance RAM if you have a low-power laptop.
- If only use light software dedicated to the use of office work, 4 GB RAM amply sufficient (Intel Core i3)
- To fully enjoy your video games, you need 8 GB RAM (Intel Core i5)
- To avoid encountering bugs when using greedy software for more complex tasks, such as 3D design for example, opt for a RAM memory of 16 GB and more (Intel Core i7)
The hard drive
As with conventional laptops or desktop PCs, the size of the hard drive is to be defined according to your needs. It varies from 32 GB to 1 TB. If you need powerful software, usually heavy, go for an ultraportable with a high storage capacity.
The graphics card
There are two types of graphics cards: integrated and dedicated.
- Integrated Intel HD graphics cards are perfect for basic models (Intel Core i3). With limited performance, they are intended only for office tasks and for surfing the Internet.
- Dedicated graphics cards have their own memory and processor. They are perfect for more powerful ultrabooks (Intel Core i3 or i7) for sophisticated 3D designs and video games.
Right now, the Nvidia Geforce graphics card tops the list in terms of performance.
Dernière mise à jour : 2021-10-21 02:36:37